Saturday, November 26, 2011

Storybird




This past week in class, me and my partner, Michelle, presented a Web 2.0 tool called Storybird. Michelle and I really enjoyed researching this tool and discovering ways that it could be used in the classroom. Storybird was much easier to set up and maneuver than I expected. The introduction video seen above also helped us to become more comfortable with how to use it. After setting up our own accounts, Michelle and I collaborated online to create our own Storybird about the Thanksgiving season. You can read our story by clicking on the link below:

http://storybird.com/books/what-are-you-thankful-for-2/?token=6293f3

Here are some practical ways that Storybird can be used in the classroom:
1. For teacher-student, student-student, teacher-parent, student-parent collaboration, discussion, and participation.
2. For engaging students in reading and catering to their particular reading level.
3. For foreign language classes to practice translating and/or writing stories in that language.
4. For in class creative writing assignments and class discussions on a variety topics.

Next time when using Storybird in my classroom, I will make sure to set up a classroom account so that students can collaborate with each other and see each other's work. Michelle and I created individual accounts as well as a classroom site and it got a little confusing of which account to use. Also, you cannot be on more than one account at the same time so this can be a bit of a hassle. The least account names the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment