Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Journey to Southeast Asia




This Digital Storytelling project has been my favorite assignment all semester. I am not sure which I enjoyed more- learning to use iMovie or reminiscing on all my memories from my trip this past summer to S.E. Asia. Either way, this project allowed me to become more comfortable with making Digital Stories as well as gave me a greater appreciation for people who make them on a weekly basis. I am thankful that I had my boyfriend to help me with this project because he is very well versed in iMovie. The hardest part was learning to use the various settings and tools but once I got the hang of it, the process became much more enjoyable. I am so grateful that I had organized the video before hand through a PowerPoint because it saved me so much time. Regardless, there were still many changes I had to make as I created the video and saw what worked and did not work. One of the most challenging parts for me was using songs that corresponded with the message that I wanted to convey in the movie.

I can see Digital Stories being very useful in the classroom. Teachers can create Digital stories to introduce themselves the first day of class, share a special experience that happened in their life, or as as a supplemental tool for teaching a particular lesson. There are numerous digital stories that can be found on sites such as YouTube or TeacherTube.

Next time I make a Digital Story, I think I will make sure to have all the video footage that I need beforehand. There was a specific clip that I wanted to use in my video but was unable to because I had to wait for it to be sent to me. I think video footage makes the viewer feel like they can experience Asia with me which was a huge reason why I created the video in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment