Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Classroom Website


I have been so excited to create my very own classroom website. The most difficult part has been becoming accustomed to Google Sites. Links such as "edit sidebar" direct you to a page where you can manage the appearance of your website.  Similarly, "edit page"link  can be found at the top of each page and allows you to change the layout of that page as well as type, insert photos, gagets, and documents.

While working on my website, I did a good job at organizing the various pages in a way that will be easy for readers to navigate.  Likewise, I really enjoyed designing the site.  However, I think I spent too much time working on the appearance of my site initially.  I think I could have saved time by doing this later because I ended up changing many of my designs and fonts anyways.

Having a classroom website will really serve me well in my classroom.  Classroom websites are a great way to keep parents in touch with what is happening in the classroom. Similarly, classroom websites are a great way for students to stay organized with notes, projects, and deadlines for the class because they can access it anywhere.  Posting videos, pictures, notes, calendars, and announcements only a few ways that a classroom website can be utilized.

When I am using this website in the future, I will add more pages and links in the sidebar that include the classroom syllabus as well as any documents, websites, or multimedia sources that we had accessed online.  I would even love to email my students a link to this site before class started so that they could begin looking forward to the various projects and activities that we would be completing in the school year. I am encouraged that I feel so much more comfortable with creating and using a classroom website and look forward to how I will use it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment