Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Interactive Spreadsheet


This is my Interactive Spreadsheet! This activity is designed to serve as a form of assessment for students. Teachers can create a spreadsheet to assess students' prior knowledge before a lesson or use as a summative quiz after a lesson. The spreadsheet I created is designed for testing students' knowledge after a lesson on Cell Organelles.

My experience with using Excel is very limited and I had no idea how to create a spreadsheet when I began this project. However, I followed a list of directions that my teacher provided which helped me to become a lot more comfortable with using the various commands and equations. Excel can be difficult because one minuscule error will prevent the spreadsheet from working correctly. There were a few times that I mistyped a particular equation and the column I was working on did not work correctly. Good for me, trial and error is sometimes the best way to learn.

If I were to use a spreadsheet again, I would make sure to have all the assessment questions typed out in another document as well as any pictures that I wanted to include. The more organized you are with this before time, the less time it will take to create the spreadsheet. Also, I would make sure to have your spreadsheet saved with the answers and without the answers so you can save in your records.

No comments:

Post a Comment