Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Technological Journey


This semester I hope to become more comfortable and familiar with using technology personally and professionally.  I know that as I grow more confident using technology as a means of learning in my own life, the better I will be able to utilize it in my classroom.  I am especially excited to learn how to use software programs such as Excel to better organize my own information as well as create graphs and diagrams for students. Likewise, I am so interested to learn about Smartboards because they have become very popular in Deaf Schools being that they are so interactive.  I am looking forward to continually seeing the benefits with educational blogging as well as creating a website for students and their families.  I hope to learn about the advantages and disadvantages to using texting in the classroom and any success that teachers have seen with it.  I am curious to see the function of podcasts and web streaming in the classroom to connect students with skilled teachers and various lessons.  I feel most comfortable using Powerpoint, Word, and various online resources, but I know there is so much more of technology to be explored! I am thankful to be on the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment